February Date for your Diary
The Annual Gala Dinner dance in aid of the school building fund takes place on Saturday 25th February in the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel and tickets can be purchased on the below link. There will also be a raffle on the night and those who might not be able to attend can purchase tickets or make a donation to the building fund through the link. https://model-school-parents-association.sumupstore.com/
Parents Association News – January 2023
The Parents Association organised Santa’s Elves who gave each child a book donated by the Parents Association. The school also received new GAA jerseys which the Parents Association were instrumental in organising. A huge thank you also to Brendan Treacy for sponsoring the new jerseys. O’Neills have also created a range of sportswear with our school crest which are available for online purchase for those that may be interested – see below link.
The role of the Parent Association
To support the school through fundraising and to utilise the funds as deemed appropriate by the Principal and the Board of Management. Fundraising for the school by the Parents Association may only be carried out with the prior approval of the Board of Management.
One of the key functions of the Association is that of fund-raising and running of annual events.
The PA have been busy supporting many school projects such as….
- the Christmas concert luncheon & DVD, raising funds for the school.
- funding for buses for the School Christmas Carol Service at St. Canice’s Cathedral.
- sponsoring a present of a book for each child in the school at Christmas.
- coordination of the participation of two teams from the Model School in the Kilkenny Credit Union Quiz.
- contributing towards the Nore Valley Egg Incubator project.
- providing the Easter eggs for the School Easter egg hunt.
- organising the annual Family BBQ
- coordination of the annual sports day
- fundraising to help meet the future needs of the school extension, which will involve building works and additional classroom resources.
The Model School Parents’ Association Committee works tirelessly on behalf of parents, students and the entire school community and they deserve the wholehearted support of all the parent body.