About

Kilkenny Church of Ireland National School, better known as “The Model School”, is a Church of Ireland managed National School, one of four in the Diocese of Ossory and two in Co Kilkenny.

Kilkenny Model School first opened at Ormonde Road Kilkenny in 1856. In 1936 the school moved to a new premises at Newpark Drive, where it remained until the current building in the grounds of Kilkenny College opened in 2000.

More about our history

Kilkenny Church of Ireland National School is a community where all pupils are equally valued and respected irrespective of sex, social background, family circumstances, educational achievement, physical characteristics or intellectual functioning.

More about our ethos